you should first realize that Extra Credit in this class is a small reward. It will not significantly change your grade. The total point value would be equal to one daily assignment. You should choose to do Extra Credit because it seems interesting and you have the bandwidth to do it.
All Extra Credit is due via submission to turnitin.com before class on January 3rd.
The Class ID is 14243156 and the password is spartans
The topics you may choose from are also modern topics that will have particular historical relevance in our 2nd Semester curriculum. They include:
- Race relations including Black Lives Matter
- The role and responsibility of government
- Should government provide for the poor, homeless, unemployed?
- Should the government regulate businesses?
- Should the government regulate trading on Wall Street?
- International relations
- Cuba and the western hemisphere
- Relations with China
- Relations with Russia
- The United Nations
You will need to research the topic and make a policy recommendation to President-elect Trump and his cabinet. The best analyses will explain the policy position of the incoming President and his cabinet. Your job is to argue that your policy is best.
Your product may include:
- a multi-paragraph response centered around your policy recommendation in the historical context of the region or topic
- a 4-minute or less presentation (ppt or Prezi) to the large group
- presentations may be linked to other presentations to form a larger topic
- regardless of whether or not you do written or oral presentation, the expectation is that you will cite the sources of your researched ideas. You will have a works cited. You must create your own ideas for your policy recommendation.